View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 6:15 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugerdaddy View Post
When I renewed I wasn't required to complete a DOJ form. My son has his renewal appointment coming up, and has to complete the new DOJ form. For justification, it states that if you are requesting for self-defense you have to give additional justification as to why you feel threatened (or something to that effect.) What are Sac renewal applicants putting in that section? Thanks.
I wonder what they might have to say about "Future Self-Protection". Then you could indicate that your justification is something that has not yet happened, that you cannot possibly forecast the future, or the kinds and quantity of assailants cannot possibly be numbered due to court ordered inmate releases.

I think it is absurd that renewals are being asked to provide good cause justification, when they are already established this in the initial application and as incident free carry licensees. Have you ever encountered such questioning upon renewal of your California Drivers License? Do you really need to retest to be sure you are good to drive?-- because we need to ask every 2 years, just to be sure...

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche