Thread: Lake
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 9:39 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogatPlay View Post
May want to check back into Lake County after the first of the year. Sheriff Mitchell was defeated for re-election by one of his sergeants. Word filtering out is that the sheriff-elect, former San Francisco SD, is not 2A friendly and has made noises about not renewing permits already in force. My sources were a couple of current permit holders and a friend of the sheriff elect.

FWIW....
This came from the house's mouth on Facebook, message was received this morning:

I am working on researching California'a CCW statue and case law along with reviewing other SOs' policies in advance of producing a new LCSO policy. I will say this; I am in favor of issuing CCWs and adhering to rational interpretation of 12050 PC. I was already planning on eliminating the referral letters and using the DOJ form. Also, in my opinion, self protection is good cause to issue.

Frank Rivero

I've invited him to the forum to explain further.

Btw, one more thing: Sheriff Mitchell has been a really bad boy. He claimed an endorsement from "CalGuns". As the CalGuns Foundation is a 501(c)(3) and therefor cannot endorse at all, and only one person has the ownership authority over this forum to "Endorse on behalf of Calguns" (Paul Nordberg, aka Kestryll), this causes problems for both the forum members and the Foundation. It causes hostile posturing from the Sheriff-elects who's opponents falsely claimed a CalGuns endorsement, who are surprised to be contacted by CGF Volunteers and Directors and asked to fix problems that the previous sheriff caused.

Here's how the conversation goes:

Sheriff-elect: "Well, you're asking me to fix all of these problems from the previous sheriff, why did your organization endorse the incumbent opponent who caused these problems in the first place"

Me/CGF: "We don't endorse candidates, and neither does the CalGuns web forum. Individual posters may post, but we have tens of thousands of posters on the forums. There is only one man who can actually endorse on behalf of the organization, and he chooses not to do so on the behalf of the organization, and he lives in Southern California, so no involvement in your county's politics"

Sheriff-elect: "But my opponent claimed so....."

You see the problem?