View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellslinger View Post
I may have a different view all other posters but, I agree with them to some extent. I stick to strictly buckshot. I don't fire my shotgun in a home defense situation without the intention to permanently stop a threat. I am not saying that birdshot doesn't have the capacity or the capabilities of stopping a threat, but I firmly believe that buckshot gives me the best capabilities of stopping a threat more adequately. That being said, I only use buckshot (00 buckshot and 0 buckshot) for home defense.
If its just you and your significant other in your home OO Buck is the way to go. But lets say the "Intruder" is between you and your child's room. Are you willing to take that shot with OOBuck? Or your in an apartment/condo and share a wall with an unsuspecting neighbor...

Bird shot at a range less than 20 feet with a Modified choke is still a kill shot and has a spread of about a softball. Your first shot is normally going to be in a "O-****" mindset and are your aim is going out the window.

Its more of a precaution to anyone else in the home rather than a "shoot to mame" over "Shoot to kill" mindset. Im a firm believer, if you have to pull a gun on someone your planning on useing it to its fullest extent.

Last edited by Joe'Bronco; 04-28-2013 at 4:19 PM..