View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 8:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Default How to Post (Embed) Pics - Instructions

ENHANCEMENT (2/14/2016): I thought I would create a document that will help walk you through the steps that I noted below. This document has screen shots of most (if not all) steps. This will hopefully help those who learn through visual aids more effectively (I am one of them). See PDF link below and print, if necessary. Hopefully this helps. Feedback is definitely appreciated.

Walkthrough - Embed a Picture.pdf

Hi All,

I thought I would create this thread as a service to those who are wondering how to make sure their pictures show up on the actual post. Please note that there is a 5-picture limit per post. To circumvent this limit, save the next post(s) and edit them to upload more pics.

ADMINS: If this should be moved to another forum, please do so. I just happen to see a comment about the topic in this forum more often so I thought I would put it here.

The steps below enabled me to show the pics on the actual post when replying:

Click on "Go Advanced" button next to "Post Quick Reply"

Click on the Paper Clip icon, a new window will open

Click on "Choose File" button to choose the picture you want to upload

Double-click on the picture in your drive that you want to upload or click on the picture and click the "Open" button

Click on "Upload" button (You can upload up to 5 pics)

Click on "Close this window" on the upper right-hand corner when done

Click again on the Paper Clip icon - you can insert one pic at a time by selecting the file name or all at once by clicking on "Insert All"

Click on "Preview Post" button to see if you like your post

If you are creating a new thread, you should see the paper clip icon on top of the screen. Follow these instructions:

Click on the Paper Clip icon, a new window will open

Click on "Choose File" button to choose the picture you want to upload

Double-click on the picture in your drive that you want to upload or click on the picture and click the "Open" button

Click on "Upload" button (You can upload up to 5 pics)

Click on "Close this window" on the upper right-hand corner when done

Click again on the Paper Clip icon - you can insert one pic at a time by selecting the file name or all at once by clicking on "Insert All"

Click on "Preview Post" button to see if you like your post

BTW, please make sure that your pics are not too large or too small for ease of browsing (if you are using Microsoft Office Picture Manager, re-size your pic by choosing "Web - Large (640 x 480 px)" on the "Pre-defined width x height" drop-down menu

Hope this helps. Good luck!

EDIT/UPDATE:

If you have a Photobucket account, click on the photo that you want uploaded. On the bottom-right portion of the screen, you will see multiple links (similar to the picture below). Click on the link in the "IMG" box (it will say "Copied"). Paste that link onto your post. No need to add any tags to it. Voila! Picture is embedded!

trigger945

tags: post pics, embed pics, post photos, embed photos

Last edited by trigger945; 02-14-2016 at 9:37 AM..