View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 9:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardlyworking View Post
I just do not like the look of ARs. I have nothing against them functionally, I just think they are ***-ugly.
I hated the look of Glocks and other firearms, but learned a long time ago that nothing is more important than function and reliability.

I used to mock those that bought SKS's until I saw what can be done with them and saw all of the myths exploded before my eyes. I believe that using looks as the criteria for rejecting a superior reliably functioning firearm is irrational.

There are the Glock haters.
There are the Glock lovers.

I am neither. I own two that will soon expand to four because they digest just about any ammo I can feed them, they are reliable, and I do not have the irrational fear that lack of enough safety features will get me or those around me killed although this may be a valid concern for the untrained beginner.

I would not throw the baby out with the bath water. I consider the total weapon system and if it exceeds my rational criteria, I buy it no matter how uncool or cool they are or look. If it looks really cool AND is superior, bonus!

Last edited by lhecker51; 01-31-2014 at 9:11 AM..