View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 10:29 PM

Hello,
My name is Kevin. I'm pretty new in the whole firearms scene but have been fairly interested in firearms for awhile but never found a reason to buy a gun in California unless I liked it. The gun laws and restrictions have mainly cause me to stray away since the prudes ban the AR type, or so I thought they did until tonight. Tonight has become the turning point in which I am highly considering piecing together my own AR type.
As for the general setup, I haven't even scratched the surface of my soon to be intense research, but thought of following the lines of Stag Arms Upper and Lower Receiver if that is even possible (please veteran members clarify and correct me), ARMS SIR Rail system, Magpul stock, Bullet Button for starters. This will probably be my first and only rifle since it's quiet costly to continue indulging myself in this "hobby". Messages are greatly appreciated to help me get started on this daring start in building an AR type. Thank You.

A concern that i have is: is the stag arm receiver semi auto only? if not how would i just get a semi auto lower?

Kevin

Last edited by kphamx; 01-14-2008 at 10:50 PM..