View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 2:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalNative View Post
I've done two PPT here in the last six months and its now my preferred location. The staff have all been good to me and have gone the extra mile.

Yes, the wait times for help have been long (in January), but that was everywhere.

I have zero reservations recommending them.
I need to revise my earlier comment as I recently just had a pretty bad experience at Shooters Warehouse. I PPT a shotgun that was cosmetically pretty beat up (police trade in the past I'm told). So I do the PPT and arranged for Shooters Warehouse to strip it down and check it over and have it cerakoted. I was told it would be done within the DROS period. Great.

I got it back and it was black, not the sniper gray I had ordered. I had to point this out, no QC on their side at all. They offered to comp the gun smith fee, which was good. I lucked out really as I don't really care about the color because this will be a beater, but it was a pretty major mistake and would not have been ok if it had happened on the majority of the pieces that I own. I assume that the vast majority of times, people are very particular on the choice of cerakote color.

So I got it home and realized that the magazine tube extension that was on it wasn't there. I called them up and their only response was "we know, come back and we'll put it on." To me, as soon as you know that you left parts off a customer's firearm, you call. Don't wait, call right away.

After I've gone through the gun some more, I really don't think that the smith at Shooters Warehouse inspected it at all. The springs and such were covered in some old crusty gunk that would have been broken free during inspection. And yes, the service that I paid for and expected was a thorough check out and update, not simply a function check.

I received no apology, just excuses. I do not trust them to do any service work in the future.

I would still use them for PPT, but nothing else.