View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 3:22 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Polling place is perfectly fine to CCW at.

Take the "iffy" ones out of the where can I carry list. You can carry there. Realistically, you can carry anywhere there is not a metal detector and you won't risk going to jail if you get "caught". Private businesses, and licensed private shows on public lands, have the right to ask you to leave, and have you arrested for trespassing ONLY if you don't leave. Again, not getting in trouble for CCW. If you want your list to be factual, you must remove these.

A qualification can't be made of "you will lose your CCW even if you don't go to jail for it" since that is not a law, it is always the discretion of the issuing agency.

You can remove prisons, jails, game refuges. The metal detector rule applies to the first two, the game refuge one simply isn't true. You can enter the lobby / holding area at a jail, without going through a metal detector.

The masked identity one, pc12040, would be an interesting one to appeal all the way up. If they claim to include wearing a motorcycle helmet, or being masked on Halloween, then the RKBA implications are huge. I'm certainly not disarming next time I hop on a bike. Found your other thread on this in 2a. I'm certainly not wearing a mask to disguise my identity on a motorcycle, more to keep my skull in one piece.

Post offices, ugh. I'm of the kind to believe that my govt issued license is an official purpose of carrying a weapon for my stated self defense. This works on most of the federal regulations as well, it simply has to be fought in the courts by a non-criminal. I'm sure we will see these change at some point.

Federal facilities, edit that to read POSTED PROHIBITED federal facilities staffed by federal employees.

Last edited by bigcalidave; 09-06-2010 at 3:48 PM..