View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 6:14 AM

Default No word back from Doug Stout

I contacted Doug Stout the beginning of May and he replied quickly with the price list for the things he could do to the Ruger mark III 22/45 lower. I was impressed at how quick he answered and he sounded very knowledgeable about everything to do with this pistol. I also saw he had good recommendations.

So...I sent my lower on May 7th with the things that I wanted done which were:
Grip mod stainless $45
Pachmayr Am Leg $36
Medallions installed $15
Trigger job + bushing $35
Mag latch extension $20
Slingshot $7
Return shipping $7

Total $165

I included a check for $165. The day after he received it he cashed my check and he sent me an email saying my lower arrived safely but he hadn't started on it yet because his wife was ill and that it was kinda hectic around there. I wasn't concerned about getting it done in a hurry but after about 3 weeks I texted him asking "how's it going?", and no reply. After 4 weeks sent an email, last week tried calling him and after 6 weeks called and left a messgae just asking for a any response at all...still nothing. Like I said, I'm not in a hurry and if he has things going on or something happened I understand but a word back would be nice....anybody have any dealings with him recently? I may have to go to other measures later on if I don't hear from him...