View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 9:15 AM
@ the Dark End of the Bar
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
They will tell you to send it back and they will refund your money. Send it back, let someone else who really wants a 1911 enjoy it
Just because someone elses Service Grade looked nicer doesn't mean anything, not every single 1911 within the grade will be the same. These are old surplus firearms not brand new shiny pistols you see at your local FFL
There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Does anyone read grade descriptions anymore!!! . Pistol may exhibit minor pitting and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition. Pistols may contain commercial parts.
I get what youíre saying...Iíve been in the C&R game a long time, and Iím a huge fan of the CMP and itís mission. Bought more than few rifles from them, and attended the Advanced Maintenance Class in Anniston a few years ago. I love the M1 that I assembled there. And the Custom Shop did the full National Match treatment for me. Great bunch of folks.

The pics, as they say, donít do this 1911 justice. Every gun Iíve ever bought from the CMP always meets or exceeds my modest expectations. This one doesnít.

Email has been sent. Weíll see what they say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyRussianAmmo View Post
joefrank... I recommend you field strip it, lube it, and oil the the slide and frame. Take it to the range and put a box of ammo through it. A romance may be kindled.

If yours was shipped as dry as mine -- you may be surprised how a little oil (I use Ballistol) brings it to life.
If I find time this weekend, I just might do that. That Colt ^ from 1918 that I have is an absolute joy to shoot. Maybe my RR/Colt will be the same, haha!!

Thanks for all the feedback everyone!! And good luck to those still waiting!!