View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgosteelers View Post
my oldest daughter just turned 15 and she has been wanting to go to the range.

the only thing is I only have Glock 22, 23 & 27.

Do you think these will be too much for her?

I also just bought a M&P 15-22
Steelers,

I took my 16 year old daughter for the first time about 4 months ago. She liked the Ruger 10/22 rifle with scope and the Ruger 22/45 pistol; but, when she got a chance to shoot her grandfather's 1917 S&W 45 revolver... Now she thought that was really cool. Said she felt like a cowboy. lol

In subsequent trips, she has pretty much stuck with the 10/22 with scope. That seems to be her favorite. She doesn't think she is very good with the 22/45, but I've encouraged her to keep practicing with it. She has also gotten much more comfortable with my new Beretta 9mm PX4 (very little kick) and our 10/22 w/o scope. She also got to go Saving Private Ryan with a rental Kimber 1911. That gave her a bit too much recoil, I think.

At the zombie hunt, our neighbors let us try their AR15. She thought that was awesome and asked how soon we could get one.

I recall when I was a young kid, my dad making me shoot large caliber hunting rifles and I didn't like it at the time. So, I've tried to start my daughter off with mostly 22s, and then given her some opportunities to try other calibers when she wants.

I watched Colion Noir's video that just came out on the M&P 15-22 today. I bet a kid would have a blast with that rifle.