View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 9:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Cool Gotta Get more Ammo!

Quote:
Bobby, you forgot the first rule of competitive shooting! Keep at least 2 years of components on hand. For you that should be about 60,000 rounds.........
Hi Everyone! My first post!! Yay!! Not sure why I had not joined tiill now, but some Great reading!! So, is that 60K mixed calibers or just for 1? Had always done a buy a box here and there, and just in the last few weeks, prices have doubled from the doubling the month before. $120.00 for 100 rnds 44Mag SJSP.

Didn't even realize what was gonig on till just after the first of the year. The boob tube news and the papers were driving me Nuts! I actually prefer to surf for my info anyway. Eye's and Ear's are open now!

The 30 Day waiting periods are a real pain. I would say I have 6K mixed which is 10 times less. I was only kidding the wife when I said I wouldn't fill the garage, but I am rethinking that statement now.

I noted if you like to shop around and know a few folks, you can still get some quality platforms, noted the AK's and the AR's are around just 1500-2500. Yikes!!

Picked up a couple lowers to build my own, and managed to get my hands on a Henry H010 always wanted a 45-70, and being a lever action was something I couldn't pass up!! currently you can find stuff ranging from 1.50 to 4.00 a round if you go for Garret. Yikes! No wonder the rifle wasn't sold. No matter. Everything goes down wtih a 45-70.

While we have the ability to ship into CA there are some competative pricing still available online, as the local shops have jacked the prices pretty high, wit ha 2-3 box limit.