View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 7:11 AM
Cattle Thieves Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttimerestraint View Post
I have a pair of neoprene waders that make me sweat like crazy at times. Do you think it is a good buy to get a cheap pair of hip boots for the early season hunts? I am mostly hunting refuges and jump shooting on a family member's ranch.
Are they 3mm or 5mm? 5mm will bake you anywhere in the valley if you have to walk very far at all. I consider 5mm to be good for standing in cold water all day or when hunting in sub-freezing conditions where you have to get in the water.

I used to wear hip boots all the time when hunting the rice for this very reason. They are great provided you don't need to go in water up above your knee and there aren't "holes" where you are hunting. Since I bought some breathable waders I haven't worn hip boots. A way to keep the sweatiness factor down with neoprene is don't put them on until you need to get in the water. Thus wear a pair of thin sweats or something that will keep you comfortable underneath the waders out to the jump off point. Ideally you want something that wicks the moisture away from your body since neoprene will keep any moisture in the wader with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonte35 View Post
Disagree. Been trying to teach lewdogg21 how to hunt. It's like trying to teach Steve Wonder how to see. Not sure we're ever going to get there.