View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 12:57 PM
#1 Bull Goose Loony
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Chuck View Post
I carried concealed this summer for the first time while on vacation in Arizona. I had a hard time grasping my feelings on doing it at the time. I was very aware of my surroundings at all times, but not obsessively so. On reflection, your statement above really hit home with me. It gave me a sense of quiet empowerment. In my case, it could almost be described as calming. That I could, for the first time actually defend myself and my family if it came down to it. We went to many crowded tourist spots and the thought of a Fort Hood shooting type incident happening in such places was chilling.

I usually LUCC, UOC, and LOC (where legal) while camping and traveling in CA since I've yet to acquire a CCW. I envy the residents of the Constitutional Carry States like Arizona. I am humbled at the efforts of so many Patriots on this forum, CGN, CGF, CRPA, NRA, CRPF, etc. etc. I am lucky to be living in an era of a new awakening of the American Spirit; One that embraces it's Constitutional History, and it's Founding Fathers vision, especially in an age of such uncertainty that we are now in.

Sorry, starting to sound corny now. People don't talk like that any more Carry on...

This is NOT corny. You speak truly from the heart and you need not apologize.

This is a precise and correct description of where we are today and you, nor anyone else should feel abashed about proclaiming it.

CalGuns and many other gatherings of citizens who care, with the same sentiments are growing all over the country, gathering legal, financial and political power to rain down from the mountain tops. The Anti 2nd Amendment forces are dismayed and faltering.

We live in interesting times.

Let your flag fly Chuck!