View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 9:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterJim View Post
People who have never carried don't have any clue about the quieting influence of having deadly force available on the law-abiding citizen. Perhaps the criminal goes off or the mentally defective, but otherwise ordinary folks do not do so........

jim
I carried concealed this summer for the first time while on vacation in Arizona. I had a hard time grasping my feelings on doing it at the time. I was very aware of my surroundings at all times, but not obsessively so. On reflection, your statement above really hit home with me. It gave me a sense of quiet empowerment. In my case, it could almost be described as calming. That I could, for the first time actually defend myself and my family if it came down to it. We went to many crowded tourist spots and the thought of a Fort Hood shooting type incident happening in such places was chilling.

I usually LUCC, UOC, and LOC (where legal) while camping and traveling in CA since I've yet to acquire a CCW. I envy the residents of the Constitutional Carry States like Arizona. I am humbled at the efforts of so many Patriots on this forum, CGN, CGF, CRPA, NRA, CRPF, etc. etc. I am lucky to be living in an era of a new awakening of the American Spirit; One that embraces it's Constitutional History, and it's Founding Fathers vision, especially in an age of such uncertainty that we are now in.

Sorry, starting to sound corny now. People don't talk like that any more Carry on...

I am humbled at the efforts of so many Patriots on this and other forums, CGN, CGF, SAF, NRA, CRPF, MDS etc. etc. I am lucky to be living in an era of a new awakening of the American Spirit; One that embraces it's Constitutional History, and it's Founding Fathers vision, especially in an age of such uncertainty that we are now in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toby View Post
Go cheap you will always have cheap and if you sell, it will sell for even cheaper. Buy the best you can every time.
^^^ Wise Man. Take his advice