View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 8:52 AM
CGSSA Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaLarry View Post
I've been using a Mossberg 500 with the Mesa recoil stock for 10+ years and it is very effective. You do have to get the giant Cavalry safety (Midway, Brownells) to reach from the pistol grip. That's me shooting it in a 3 gun match at Pala in my avatar.
Thanks for the tip I was already planning to replace the plastic safety with a metal one so this looks like the route to go. Curious why the Calvary site says the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.cavalrymanufacturing.com/SST-590-S.html
Installing the SST-590 Safety requires complete disassembly of the gun to install the new safety. While this may be easy for many people who have experience and the correct tools, we have to officially advise that this is a gunsmith/armorer installed item. Improper installation can result in a non-functioning or unsafe firearm.
As everything I've seen suggests that as long as the action is back you can simply unscrew the old safety and slap on the new one...

NRA life member, CRPA member and, SAF life member -- Holsters & High Heels (Facebook - YouTube)

“The man in black fled into the desert and the gunslinger followed.”

“For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?” (Matthew 16:26)