Thread: Frustrated!
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 9:00 PM
Well used Member
CGN Contributor

My big question is was why a new DROS would be needed in the first place?

Serial numbers are not used when DROSing a long arm. Unless you were picking up the rifle so long after your pickup date the 30 days would have been up before they could ship a replacement, they should have been able to send it back to Corp. and have one with the correct stock shipped down.

Also, as you've found out, if they have it in stock always have them put it in your hands before paying for it. For that kind of coin, they can damn well march to the back and grab it. I never give them all the money prior to completion of a sell. Minimum deposit only, makes for a good bargaining chip. They want the rest of the cash and are motivated to make you happy.

It sure sounds like a bait and switch to me. They showed you one style, promised, "... they all come like that." Then they sold you another rifle that was different from what you were shown. Solid grounds for refusing to complete the sell. If they try that restocking fee crap just refute it with your CC company and file a complaint with the BBB.

At this point, I have grave doubts about them making it right.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."--Plato