View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 7:23 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Mofoninja, thank you for your post. The Korean-Americans (and their children and grandchildren) I have met have always impressed me with the tremendous depth of their appreciation for the American sacrifices in the Korean War -- far more so than the average American. You seem to be no exception.

BigJ, the I believe the article you mention is now available online here: http://www.montvillenj.org/docs/GCAJournalCafferata.pdf

There's also a writeup in the Monteville, New Jersey Township's website.

I don't see mention of the documentary BigJ noted, but will investigate further. Nevertheless, this is a very inspiring article.

ilikerugers -- indeed!

I should note that today, November 7th, 2012, the remains of a fallen Chosin Marine, Corporal Elmer Kidd, were finally returned to his home in New York. R.I.P.

Quote:
The 80-year-old sister of Cpl. Elmer Kidd welcomed her brother's flag-draped casket at Hancock Airport in Syracuse on Tuesday.

Kidd was 26 when he died in the Battle of the Chosin Reservoir in North Korea. His remains were among those in 208 boxes turned over to the U.S. by North Korea in 1993 but they were only recently identified through DNA tests.

NRA Life Member

Honorary Board Member, the Calguns Foundation
DONATE NOW to support the rights of California gun owners.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of any organization.
Yes I'm an attorney. No, this post does not contain legal advice or opinion.
Read me@RNS