View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 8:50 PM

Using FF v57.0.2 works a lot better than earlier releases. I was able to continue adding items to a cart without reaching a threshold where items get pushed out. Things worked well enough that I suspect there's a good possibility that I could have processed a transaction.

However, there were still some problems. For example, clicking on a product item loads the page quickly and cleanly, while clicking on a product category still yields a slow response with a message that "a script is preventing the page from loading properly". While I've seen that message frequently, it clears much quicker than before.

One particular anomaly I noticed was that some product items that had numerous reviews were unable to load any review regardless of how I attempted to sort (by "all" or "specific number of stars"). That condition was like a dead link and I don't know what could be causing that.

My testing suggests to me that there are some issues with the way the web interface is talking to the database on the back end depending on how or what is being called. Even before I retired in 06', there were a number of good database performance tuning tools available. I'd have to anticipate that there are even better tools available now a days.

If I'm the only one that has reported these issues, then the situation could be isolated to some specific configuration issue on my end. But if you get similar reports from others, then it's something you should look into.

Keep in mind that the vast majority of people that experience problems never report them, but rather just move along. I'd learned that it was usually a good idea to track problem reporting even when no specific issue was immediately found. There were times when rare problems occurred that I could not duplicate only to stumble onto a fix later on that cured the original symptoms.

I hope I've been able to provide some measure of help. I'll probably know more when I try to make a purchase and get to see how that goes, or not. The good news is that it is certainly working better using the latest FF release.