View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 9:45 AM

Considering that I tend to add Seafoam to my crankcase as an oil additive and include some in the tanks of my vehicles every now and again one bottle tends to last a while...so I'm fine with paying the $10/pint rather than using a home brew that "may" work but "may" screw something up (the results at the end don't provide any scientific results...more along the lines of...didn't notice any ill effects). A lot cheaper to run down to the parts store for another bottle than it is to tear down the engine because something was mixed incorrectly and was slowly eating through a seal.

That said, I will have to give some Mystery Oil a try...I've heard good things and my last bottle of Seafoam is out so I will pick some up next time I run down to the parts store.

Oh and considering this is the Survival/Prep section, I would advise that anyone using this stuff consider it a nice to have and if you own anything with a motor that has a carb, you learn how to tear it down and clean it out using simple tools and a rag. Same goes for fuel injected cars/bikes and understanding their particular issues. They are much more difficult to clog up, but once it happens its much more difficult for the home mechanic to clean without damaging something...if they can clean it at all.

Last edited by Lifeon2whls; 07-17-2013 at 9:52 AM..