View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 7:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwater OPS View Post
They can and will. Unions have never really existed to serve their individual members, if you think about it they are unnecessary in that capacity (although they do generally act in that capacity of preserving and enlarging the membership group as a whole as a matter of necessity). Unions are a product of government (a certain form of government at that) and exist to exert political influence on behalf of the people who control them (note that it's NOT really the individuals that they "represent").
Unions are also a business unto themselves- the business of power (controlling the supply of labor), political influence (manipulating the demand for and condition of labor) and the administration of various trusts, all while collecting membership fees in the form of dues (by the members) and fringe benefits and contract administration costs to employers.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.