View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 12:30 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I just want to respond in general to Piper and some others.

Go back and read your posts some of you.....you are all confirming what I said earlier. We are more afraid of the law then we are the criminals and that's why the criminals win......and they will continue to win as long as that attitude is maintained. I'm not talking about asking the criminals or the gov't for our safety back.....I'm talking about TAKING it back!

I find hypocrital the LEA mentality of "don't get involved call us if you need help", yet then when you do call and they don't come in time and they get sued, they opt for the "well we are not obligated to protect you".

I'm not baggin' on individual COPs, they do a tough job with not enough resources. I am speaking more to the LE community as a whole. This whole "let us handle it" line when we all know, them included, that they can't is just what is called "turf protection and political posturing". If they suddenly let citizens get involved it would be hard to justify contiued requests for more money to pay salaries not to mention for a sheriff to get re-elected or a police chief to keep the city council from dumping him for admitting his dept. can't do the job.

But we all need to get past that crap. Real change comes about thru the 3 A's. Awareness, Acceptance, Action. We are all aware of the problem, but we struggle with the acceptance thing. Accepting it doesn't mean we like it, it just means we accept the reality of the situation as it is, so that it can be used as a starting point for taking the corrective actions that are needed.

Until the criminals truly fear the law-abiding citizen, or at bear minimum have to give a second thought to who they pick on rather just seeing everyone as easy pickin's, then nothing is going to change. Because come on if you think getting your gun rights back is the answer....remember these guys do not even fear the COPs and they DO have guns, and we have 4 dead LEOs in one day to demonstrate how little fear they have of anyone.

And remember your CCW is only going to be effective in situations where lethal force is justified. Which means you can't do a drive by on the dirtbag dealing on the corner, or stealing that car parked on the street and so on. Would be nice if we could....I think you'd see crime really drop off if we could, but we can't. So what are you/we/me gonna do about those kinds of situations? That's why I'm trying to look at the bigger picture.

Or do I just need to accept that our society is going to collapse, and I need to stock up on supplies so that when it's every man for himself the dirtbags can then find out how terrifying a man defending his home can be?

Is the reality that our society has already collapsed and what remains is just a facade of it's former self and in many ways it's already every man for himself?

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun

Last edited by Untamed1972; 03-27-2009 at 12:33 PM..