View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 9:17 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Come on guys.....I'm asking for help to try and look at the bigger picture. Yes...I agree that getting gun restrictions changed and CCW and all that stuff is important. But it's not the miracle cure. I know this is a gun website....but expand your focus if you can.

The fact is that crime has always been a part of any society all the way back to Cain killing Able. It's like a cancer, if you don't take regular steps to erradicate it when it pops up it spreads like wild fire. We post on here day after day about how the government/LEOs can't protect us and laws do nothing to stop crime. Yet when I ask "What can we do" I get answers back needing the government/LEOs to get the laws changed.

And I know it's a hard thing for law-abiding citizens to do because whether we like to admit it or not, we fear the law more than we fear criminals. That's why laws work on law-abiding citizens and not criminals. Now I am not advocating forming armed vigilante posses or anything like that.....at least not yet. LOL If we sit back and wait now, the time will come when armed posses will be the only answer.

But there hasta be something MORE we can all do! Give me some ideas.

How's this for starters: Demand a town hall meeting with your local police chief / sheriff to discuss more realistic options on what citizens can do, or perhaps INFORM them what their citizens intend to do and to help them understand they these citizens are not the enemy and need not be feared, but rather supported in their efforts.

THINK PEOPLE!!! THINK!!!

Quote for the day:
Quote:
"..the mind is the weapon and the hand only its extention. Discipline your mind!" Master Hao, Chenrezi monastery, Valley of the Sun