View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 12:21 PM

Default Service needed: clutch repair in Vista, northern SD County.

Car in question is a 2007 Honda Fit that just turned over 69K miles, 5 speed manual.

Was driving home yesterday and my clutch started malfunctioning. Symptoms are increased effort to change gears, and clutch slippage once in gear (engine RPM is ~1K-1500 higher than normal for any given road speed and gear). Clutch pedal effort is unchanged. Inspected the undercarriage of the car, and found no evidence of fluid leakage from the clutch master or slave cylinders, and the fluid level in the master cylinder is just below the "max" mark, although it is a slightly dark amber shade in color.

I'm located in the Shadowridge neighborhood in Vista, nearest to the Sycamore Avenue exit on the 78. I've contacted a local shop that's trustworthy and had a quote of right at $1K if flywheel resurfacing is necessary, or just over $900 for parts and labor (Exedy clutch). I'm trying to reduce my cash outlay since I've been unemployed since 04/12, but am willing to work out trades (I have a few pistols in .22 and a 9MM that could be traded.).

Car is drivable, though for how much longer is questionable. Best way to contact is via PM or email through calguns, or cell at 760-681-2545 (text/voice).

thanks in advance.

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.