View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 9:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynold View Post
Can someone explain to me why one would buy ammo in brick and mortar stores in small quantities? Prices are usually higher than online, you have to pay tax, the selection is more limited. Why not buy in bulk online?
Some vendors will not ship to certain cities of a state, in my case the City of Sacramento.

The City of Sacramento has a local ordinance that requires all ammunition dealers to keep a log of purchases, with the buyer's name, address, and thumbprint; and the ammo is behind the counter (think pharmacy.) Yes, this denies criminals from making a anonymous purchase; but it does force criminals to go out of the City to buy ammo. One of the unattended consequences of this is that many out of state vendors believe that they must comply with this local ordinance (according to CGF and Hoffmang with a response from the city http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/archive/index.php/t-246494.html , they do NOT) and in effect they don't sell at all to residents of the City of Sacramento. Some take it even further and deny the entire county.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Last edited by SouperMan; 03-27-2012 at 1:44 PM..