Thread: San Bernardino
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymz View Post
Okay, now I'm thoroughly confused. You're saying you have to wait another year to apply because you didn't turn in your app within 90 days, WASR10 said he didn't have to turn in his paperwork until he went to his interview, yet they are currently scheduling interviews for February 2013. Something doesn't add up here.
I picked up my ap in October when we moved up here, and sat on it a year figuring I had to have a year residency (I never did turn it in).

A few posts up, someone mentioned they had 90 days to get the paperwork turned in, or get new paperwork. EDIT Post #214 , looks like it was 90 days expiration on the letters, not ap. I may just call and ask. They shoulkdn't be time/date stamping them anyway.

I'll apparently drive back down, get a new ap and turn it in within 90 days and start my year wait because of the backlog. Make sense now?

I guess I should have asked if I could turn it in and then wait. I guess I should have asked if it had to be turned in within an arbitrary alloted time frame. I guess I guess I guess...

Meanwhile, it takes to long, cost to much, and there are still to many "Hoops" to jump through that are not within state guidelines. Maybe I should quit calling them guidelines. They are laws.
While I appreciate that SB will issue for self defence, and the extra stuff is probably not that bad, or at least better than most counties, it still really isn't good enough and is certainly not following state law.

I also "guess" I should have asked if I could schedule my interview without having my ap (paperwork) turned in as you stated WASR10 did at his interview?
That's a whole lot of guesswork. Maybe they should have said more than "Drivers License" and "Return it here" when I picked it up...

Last edited by SmokinMr2; 05-03-2012 at 4:41 PM.. Reason: added post 214 info