View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky43 View Post
Actually the area you are referring to has become quite a dump. Many shooters go out there and leave their trash. The neighbors in the area are very concerned about this issue and are pressing local law enforcement to get involved. If something is not done soon, this area will be another example of why we are loosing shooting areas. If I.E. Calguns is interested, I will arrange for a dumpster to be delivered to the area for a clean-up.
PM sent, thank you for the offer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjon96 View Post
I know many shooters leave their trash. Hell there's a half burnt ****ing boat out there. I picked up a lot of the fiber glass from that boat and threw it away. I just need to know the name so we can organize a cleanup. I don't want it to be shut down, it's a decent place. Next time I go shooting I'm bringing a rake and raking up a big area, where there's shotgun shells and a bunch of trash. I also want to clean up the creek a bit, because everyone leaves trash in there.
I coordinate with BLM on other clean ups, it does not sound like the same place where we have had clean ups before (Steele Peak) if this is BLM land I can get a BLM offiicer out there to keep the place cold and a bunch of Calguns volunteers can go to town on cleaning. Getting rid of large amounts of trash is always the problem, Corky 43 is very generous.