Thread: San Francisco
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 10:22 AM
I need a LIFE!!

San Francisco Residents,

I need at least one adult over the age of 21 with a clean (read: no criminal) history and exemplary "moral character" to go physically to the San Francisco Sheriff's Dept. office and request a copy of their Carry License policy and all application forms ASAP.
San Francisco Sheriff's Dept.
City Hall, Room 456
1 Carlton Goodlett Place
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 554-7225 phone
Anyone that goes to the Sheriff's Dept. should be well-groomed, dressed appropriately to represent a positive image, and comfortable answering any adversarial questions they might pose (e.g. "Why do you need a CCW?", "What makes you think you should be able to carry a gun?"). Please do not represent that this is for any other purpose other than to make an attempt to apply for a carry license.

I'm closing the window for this as of 5/18 unless no one has been able to make it to the Department by then. Once this is complete, please email me directly with a brief rundown of the events, a scanned copy of the documents acquired, and your contact information.

Let's also please keep the speculation and signal-to-noise ratio down in this thread.

Thanks,

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.