View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 4:26 PM
Veteran Member

For # 30 God Bless America: Pine Ridge is a large unit, maps will help, but we go to the Ft Robison State Park, yes, a state park, hunting IS allowed on the park areas identified by free maps given out in the park office. An area called Ponderosa is public land a few miles away and my son in laws have scored there more than twice each in the past three trips. 2013, 2016 and 2017.

As for antelope in Wyoming much opportunity all over the state, with lots of walk in access areas around the state. Some will draw out, some will have leftovers first come first sold etc. Horns aplenty, but we hunt leftover reduced fee doe/fawn near Douglas. Some years ago after scoring one on a walk in site and slim pickens for two days we stoped in the middle of the road where I was leaving a piss and I said: " Lord it would sure be good if someone would put us on some private land " and immediately a ford ranger pulls up by us and a man says " how many antelope hunters do we have in this truck " ? We said four and he said bring four licenses and follow me. Man that was fast I said to the Lord. He took us about 3 miles to a locked gate and onto a rolling hills place with ACRES of antelope. We scored several and he has had us back several times as long as that unit didn't draw out. Going again in Nov.

Psalm 1

Last edited by Garand Hunter; 09-23-2018 at 4:28 PM.. Reason: corrected spelling