View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 8:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagedude88 View Post
Try using a small self tapping screw on the front or back end of the cover.

Gosh! I thought the krappy Assault Planet mag lock on mine was a pain. I guess even with the Solar Tactical lock its still the same.
I thought about using a screw - don't know if the cover is really that functional so I may just run with it off.

We may rag on AR bullet buttons but they are so much more functional than an AK mag lock - at least the Solar Tactical. I had all kinds of tools with me at the range and the thing that worked best were my car keys to get it to release.

I'll have to try the Glock take down tool suggested - I've had a Glock forever but still have not got around to getting that tool.

I was at RCGE the other day and the guy behind the counter was demo'ing a converted Saiga to a customer - it had some type of mag lock that appeared to have a purpose built tool for it, sort of a wide paddle design plastic handle with a short rod sticking out of it that seemed to release the mag very easily once inserted. Didn't get what type it was, but it definitely wasn't a Glock tool.

I was shooting a Glock when shooting a Glock wasn't cool.