View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 7:20 PM

Default SWEET Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLuckyDaddy View Post

I have built my first AR with FMK. I can not say anything bad about them at all. I built 2 complete guns pictured above. I have also built 6 complete FMK lowers with PSA Lower Parts Kits, both Premium Classic and Magpul MOE versions.

The gun is significantly lighter in weight compared to that of other AR's I have used and been assigned to over many of years.

For those that talk bad about POLYMER LOWERS, Glock is made from polymer lowers. The quote on the FMK lower is by Thomas Jefferson. It's an American Flag, but if the stars were imprinted or engraved into the flag, it would look like a big blob. I really like these lowers and highly recommend it to someone who is looking for a personal rifle for plinking or home self defense. If you plan on using it to go to war, definitely use the aluminum or billet. FMK did a great job with this lower!
Those are some really sweet AR's. I'm getting ready to buy two, maybe three of the polymer stripped lowers. I am probably going to turn around and sell one or two of them since I'm getting a pretty good deal on them. With the other one, I want to build a 7.62x39mm AR. I already have a 5.56 AR but I need something with a little more power to kill hogs here in Florida. I would love to build a 30.06 AR but it doesn't look like they exist?

I would really be interested to know what parts you used for your build. I've looked at full kits from Model 1 Sales in Texas. I am thinking about the one on the bottom in the photo at this link with the quad rail. http://www.model1sales.com/index.cfm...ategory_id=215

I just bought my first AR right after the Sandy Hook thing and I've never built one so this is going to be fun. It will be a huge learning curve for me so any help you can give me and anywhere you can steer me to save me money on parts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!