View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 5:12 PM

You're in a tough spot, given that you're actually in City of LA, which is a no-ship zone.

All you really need, however, is a friend who lives outside the city limits who is willing to let you ship to their house instead. Or, if you work, perhaps you can ship it to the office. That's what I do (not because I can't ship to home, but because I want to be sure someone I trust is ALWAYS there to sign for it).

Rimfire ammo is showing up online every day. Keep an eye on the Ammo thread in the rimfire forum. Monitor the thread as much as possible and be ready to click buy asap when something good comes up. I've picked up a couple thousand rounds this month, all under 10 cents per round (as low as 6.5 cents) shipped, and there are others who have done a lot better than I have.

Retail is a joke. Walmart works well IF the Walmart near you sells ammo... I don't think any of them near LA do (quite frustrating to read the Walmart brag/score posts). But even then you have to get pretty lucky because it disappears within a couple of hours of hitting the shelves, if they even last that long.

Online is your best bet. Just gotta find that friend you can trust (or ship to work, if outside the city limits).