View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 3:15 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag360 View Post
Citadel is correct but they feel like being difficult and what can we do? The bank statement and cell phone bill is easy to do. At least it isn't utility bill only. Many people who rent rent have any bills, like my brother who wouldn't have had any bills in his name if it wasn't for me knowing his inability to buy a handgun without it when he lived with me.

Here, let me help you form a response to issuing agency representatives. All you have to do is fill in the blank with the appropriate multiple choice answer.

I want my license to carry so bad, I am willing to_________________.

a) provide anything any the authorities want, whether a legal obligation exists or not.
b) waive my 4th and 5th amendment rights, because it will be easier to go along to obtain my license.
c) advise the issuing agency clerk that I have already supplied my complete and true information and signed the application under penalty of law. I invoke my 5th amendment to remain silent and any additional demands for documentation constitute a search and will be forwarded to my legal counsel.
d) Ermagerdmershedpudaters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coded-Dude View Post
I had always just used a driving history record(as long as it has your current address, it is GTG). Its a few bucks at the DMV......if you feel like going to the DMV that is.
Curious. What does one's driving record have to do with obtaining a carry license? Yeah, that's right. Nothing. And spending money to prove something that is not your burden? May as well set fire to that money.

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche