View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 3:12 AM

GF&OS is what it is, and there is not nearly enough of these places available. How many stores carry loading supplies around here and where can you work with most calibers indoors at a 25 yard target you control with few ceasefires? Not many.

Lanes are generally inoperative because of intentional acts with *****hats aiming for the pully devices or just bad handling of firearms by inexperienced people who go there. They rent firearms which in and of itself is a potential for obvious problems. It's not hard to lend a hand to a new shooter and you're building bridges.

I actually appreciate the lack of breathing down the neck supervision I don't require.l at GF&OS. However, I also don't mind diming off an unsafe shooter to the range master or offering help to somebody who is clearly new to the environment. Think big picture here and encourage a new shooter in a polite way and we have a new 2A advocate. We also help preserve a dwindling resource at the same time.

The guys who work there are cool if you spend a little time cultivating a good rapport and don't treat them poorly as I've seen.