View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 3:20 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaS View Post
You can have the gun (unloaded) on your front seat (though I wouldn't recommend it) outside of a school zone. Putting it the trunk makes it safe for a school zone, and saves you from any hassle if pulled over (if they don't see the gun, then unlikely they will even ask you if you have one)
True this.....but when you get somewhere and want to walk with the Rifle (back to the house for instance) a new law just went into effect:

BEGINNING JANUARY 1, 2013 Long guns must be transported in a completely enclosing case when not in a vehicle; if the case is designed as a gun case, no lock required. If the case is NOT designed as a gun case, must also be locked.

*So a zippered cloth gun case would work but it has to be completely zippered shut.

If carrying in a non-gun case, then you must have it locked before walking around with it. No open carry of rifles is the 'word'.

Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).