View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 2:13 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by appagohm View Post
ahhh, is that why my wife wanted to go up a little higher off the creek. She
said something about not to go close to water at night, because
there is alot of demons close to water at night. I was a good 25 feet away,
but next time i'll be sure to pack some sea salt 12gauge rounds.

Meplat

You made some good points, the 357magnum is what i keep in my car all the time so i just decided to leave it there, chrono shows a huge difference
even in a short barrel when comparing 38 special +p and 357mag defensive rounds. The remington wingmaster is my home defense
setup, i've shot slugs out the thing with great results. I don't get maximum velocity, but it's well over the firepower i need to stop a bear. I took that shotgun instead of my
remington 1100, or my mossberg 500 both with two barrels, long and short, because i didn't want to lug the extra weight.
The pistol grip on the remington wingmaster is perfect for me, the vertical grips put too much kick on my hand, and doesn't spread
recoil evenly. with the speed pistol grip, i can shoot slugs all day and it will not hurt my hands.

Although next time i go out camping, i'm just thinking about just taking my glock 17, or my Xd45.
Don't listen to me, go with your crono. I was concerned about the absolute minimum barrel length on the shotgun because of legal problems rather than ballistics. But I can see that you have a rather small tent. Maneuvering much more shotgun than that in there would be problematic.

Myself? I use mostly my Mossy 500 with factory 18X1/4 inch barrel with a shortened wood buttstock, with slugs and 00 buckshot, a S&W mod 64, 4" .357 Magnum, with 160 Grn. Jacketed flat points.
To keep it you must give it

"I will talk with you no more.
I will go now, and fight you."
(Red Cloud)