View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 9:03 PM
CGSSA Director
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Firearm Safety Certification Available!

As of January 1, 2015, with the implementation of SB 685, the current Handgun Safety Certificate (HSC) program is being converted into the new Firearm Safety Certificate program (FSC). Your existing HSC card will be good for the purchase of handguns until it expires, but a current FSC card will now be required for the purchase of both long guns, and handguns. The state set fee of $25 will remain the same, and replacement cards purchased from the same instructor within the valid period will be $5. The test will still be pen and paper, and you will be allowed you two attempts (separated by 24 hours) to attain a passing score (23:30). Study guides are available from the CADOJ website. You can either take the test in conjunction with instruction, or separately. If you're only interested in the FSC test we can either meet up at one of the CGSSA monthly shoots that I attend, or in and/or around the Los Angeles area (DTLA, or SFV). The new cards are issued electronically, and since I won't have a printer with me, I'll have to email you your card after you pass the test.

*If you're new to gun ownership an FSC card is required to purchase, transfer, or be lent a gun in California and must be renewed every five (5) years.

Last edited by RoundEye; 12-28-2014 at 9:08 PM..