View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
I never suggested that. I merely related a factual account of what I witnessed, and you twisted it to suit your agenda/argument. At short range that column of #8 birdshot did the job, and then some.

You load your guns any way you like to satisfy whatever requirements you might fancy. Knock yourself out, and have a good time.
I'm sorry if the discussion got a bit heated. There is nothing personal against you. I just don't want people getting the wrong idea.

I take people's safety very seriously. Suggesting defensive loads is like suggesting a motorcycle helmet, or a parachute. Get it wrong and you could be dead. Just because something works once for some guy does not make it the best choice.

There are questions that have to be asked here.

Will birdshot work sometimes? yes it will.
Will buckshot work a much higher percentage of the time? Yes it will (this is fact).

Is overpenetration a serious risk to people around me. Not if I hit my target, and or set up my dwelling in a manner to mitigate that danger.

If my chosen load does not work what will happen to me and my family?
Am I willing to stack the deck against myself by choosing an inferior defensive load?

Again I asked myself all of these and load my shotgun with LE132. If I die so does the rest of my family. I am not willing to take that risk.