View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
I apologize, I didn't see you standing with us when the event occurred.

Your pics of the gel are nice, but I witnessed 1st hand what happened to the pig's head. You weren't there, but you're calling me a liar? Maybe you ought to go out and actually shoot something to see what happens.

Reading comprehension, lesson 1
To quote myself if I may.
Quote:
That is a great story, but you state that it was a head shot at 5yds. A head shot a t 15ft with almost anything can stop a threat. Unfortunately many times we do not have that luxury.
Did I ever call you a liar? Did I ever say that your story was fabricated? What I did say is that a close range head shot with birdshot may have that effect. However we will not have that luxury in most situations.

Yes reading comprehension is important.

There are also plenty of stories where people have dropped pigs with .22s , and of course Gamo airguns. Does that make them a good choice for self defense?

Also note that the shot only needs to penetrate the skull after that the brain is an enclosed space, and is very easily damaged. Even then there are cases of people surviving head shots with shotguns. In order to penetrate into vital organs much more penetration is required.

I have shot plenty of stuff thank you. Birdshot doesn't even make it all the way through a 1 gallon milk jug most of the time. It may behave like a slug for a fraction of an inch of initial penetration, but each pellet will then take it's own path through tissue with penetration limited by the mass of the individual pellet. I am sorry I will not bet my life on your anecdotal evidence.

Last edited by bernieb90; 04-30-2013 at 2:48 PM..