View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 9:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killmime1234 View Post
When I apply for either Police/Sheriff/CHP will they ask me how many guns I own and, if so, does it look bad to have a lot?

I ask because I own 1 pistol and 2 rifles and I would like to by a .22 rifle from Big 5 because it's on sale dirt cheap this week. My fear is that they'll see I have multiple guns and assume I'm some kind of trigger happy cowboy and therefore a liability not worth hiring.

What do you guys think? Should I buy the .22 or will it look bad on an LEO application?
I wouldn't think three or four guns would even raise an issue. I do know for a fact that a lot of the questions on a background check are just to test your honesty and there sometimes aren't any right or wrong answers.

I went through a LE background check and passed but I wasn't asked any questions about firearms. This was about 10 years ago so it's probably changed for many departments or agencies.

I would not worry about a thing unless you actually are some trigger happy cowboy!