View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 11:42 AM
Mostly Harmless
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by major burnout View Post
Russia is awesome. Can anybody buy AK 47s and shoot them on your property like you can in the USA???
Russia is an awesome corrupt kleptocracy, I guess.

All this is about is the fact the Russians will NEVER forget the Nazi invasion of the USSR. Twenty million Russians died in WWII; it's a lot more than a war movie to them.

When I was active on rec.guns (over ten years ago), I corresponded off-line with a Reno-based member who was from Russia and who was obviously a gun nut with a lot of experience. I asked him how he became so familiar with guns growing up in the Soviet Union. He said in the USSR there were public shooting ranges everywhere (probably run by the Red Army), and anyone could go to the range any time they wanted and shoot military firearms as much as they wanted, no charge, ammunition provided. It was their version of the CMP.

But you could not take the firearms home with you.

Probably not so different these days, except I bet there are fewer public ranges since they can't afford them after 15 years of systematic looting by Putin's oligarch buddies.
Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.