View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 3:05 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Sorry, never responded to your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awedtone View Post
In the 2010 State Match at 5 Dogs, they used a Texas Star. We never use that around here. Are you saying that their IDPA shooters never saw that before? And if they had, that they gained an unfair advantage? I guess so.
No. The Texas Star is a fairly common prop at USPSA matches, so it is not what I would consider specialized. But at the 2009 State Match in Richmond, we used a Texas Star passing through the edge of a window to simulate people's heads temporarily being visible in the window. This is what I consider a specialized setup, and it would have been inappropriate to use it in a local match in the few months prior to the State Match.

Quote:
In the 2009 Richmond Championship they used a sliding target that we do not use around here. The two sliding targets sled was probably shot at their matches. No?
Not at Richmond. That was a prop from Ukiah so I don't know if they used it or not prior to the state match.

Quote:
That championship also had a non-weighted dummy to drag about. Had that been used before?
Not what I would consider to be a specialized prop.

Quote:
There was also a dark tunnel into which shooters were sent to engage targets. Is that the only time that device/set was used in Richmond?
Built specifically for the match in the days prior to the event. Used after the match, but not before.