View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosef350 View Post
I talked to the manager at Big 5 about this when I bought my shotgun. He told me that they don't submit the DROS until the following morning. eg. You buy your rifle on Monday at 1:00pm, fill out the 4473, pay, and then Tuesday morning before the store opens, they will enter the DROS information and start your waiting period. Why? I don't know. I just paid my dues and came back 11 days later.
Normally, a FFL submits it electronically, then print out the DROS and have the customer sign it. Do you know if they are having the person fill out a DROS worksheet?

It might just be a lie to delay people coming back. You can request a copy of the DROS, which will have the date and time it was submitted and that will tell you the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downdiver2 View Post
The day you DROS does not count, for some stores, making it 11 days.
The waiting period is 240 hours, which does not really make it 11 days, but the day that you start is not a full day, so it until the same time the next day it is one day, but two calendar days.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein