View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 9:34 PM

Where I would love to join in on the b*ll busting here.Maybe the op has a legitimate complaint.
A real muzzle brake will help.I don't know if the FN Scar model will fit your gun.The 17 I shoot is a kitty cat compared to a my old AR10 with just a flash suppressor.I use padded cheek risers on my M1As and Garand.
Yea I am not the soldier my dad was.He loves the pad I gave him.At 80 he was not enjoying the Garand like he did at 18 years old.
My face suffered on the AR10 after 100rds or so.I use the KICKEEZ stick on pad on the stock where my cheek welds the AR10.It helps a lot if you are going to dump 200-300 rounds in a session.The FN needs nothing with the brake it uses.The NRA Women on Target loved the FN.They were all new shooters and would have shot it all day if ammo was allowed.
For my RUMs a brake is almost mandatory if you shoot over 50 rds in 1 sitting.1 of them weighs right at 6.5 lbs and it is brutal.I remove the brake when I hunt and use a thread protector.My ears will not stand for the added noise,not even once.Recoil during hunting is not observed,to me anyway.
I have a good laugh when people want to prove recoil they can stand.I have a 378 Weatherby and Ruger 77 338 Win mag that will make a believer of recoil reduction,to anybody.The look on a new shooter of these is priceless.

Last edited by Coyotegunner; 07-09-2013 at 9:37 PM..