View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 8:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranemech View Post
Sorry to hear that you had to give up your appointment.

Maybe I'm missing something but by my figuring you would only have to buy one pistol, the one for the GF, right away. You could have "bought" your GF's Ruger for a $35 DROS fee and put it on your permit. You would still have all the LTC fees X 2 though.
Yeah, I had thought of that already. Not exactly a great carry gun, but would have worked for me for awhile.

The main problem is my own mentality of HAVING to buy a Ruger, Kahr, S&W, etc... I've never owned a foreign gun, and never plan to. I just can't FIND one right now unless I want to pay double the MSRP for it, used. Pretty hard to swallow considering the prices I've been looking at for 6 months prior to the gouging, and how broke it would make me at the moment

Just had to Smog both vehicles, the K5 needed a little work to pass the visual, the Camaro needed a LOT of work to pass the sniffer, plus the brakes went out. Almost $1000 of Smog related work that I wouldn't have needed anywhere else. Good ol' Commiefornia for ya!

I was never really too concerned about it for myself anyways. I never even thought about it until my wife had a pretty scary incident at work with a wannabe thug, that's when I made it my mission to get us appointments.

She's a better shot anyways