Thread: San Bernardino
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 8:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixCPA View Post
Just FYI, I spoke to a rep at Ammo Brothers (Ontario) and he mentioned a friend who just got his packet and called for an interview appointment. He was told that they had no openings until the middle of next year and they'd put him on a waiting list. When they got to the point they could schedule out far enough, they'd call him.
Yup, they have had to cut down their staff processing CCW's due to budget cuts. They have said their priorities are 1) Renewals (about 1400/year) 2) New applications (about 300 per year) 3) Modifications.

I think if they scaled back their background investigation procedures to be something in line with the rest of the world, they could probably process many more applications with a minimal staff. I don't see the necessity to contact employers, do neighborhood checks talking to your neighbors about your personal business, or calling and writing references. A standard FBI/DOJ background investigation based on your fingerprints should be sufficient. If you don't have any red flags pop you should be good to go.