View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 3:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeX View Post
HK Dave has it right…

Personally I would never buy a VFZ Larue mount… $50 difference but its small money in the grand scheme of things. I have a couple Larue mounts and I love the QD levers.

Built in anti-cant bubble level is a nice touch for one…

6 screws per ring, 4 x cross bolts, they use quality hardware and it’s a well-engineered stout mount.
The level looks nice, and might be usable since I will probably not add a BUIS.

If you select the VFZ option for the larue mount you subtract $50, so the difference in price is more like $100 bucks, which to me is significant if it will do the same thing minus the bubble level.

The Larue QD mounts are ok, I own a couple, but as others complain they can chew the rails. I really I don't care or have a real problem with this on my AR-15's or when using replacable rails, however since this is going on a matched upper and lower I'd rather not have any chewing if I don't need to. I know the rifle is a tool, but still :P

I might end up with this mount, I just need to justify the extra $100. It looks like I'm going to have to save up a little longer because I just bought an SR gold trigger, chronograph and some other things to finish off the build.