View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 12:46 PM

My stuff finally came, overloaded with accessories display mode:

I went with the Aim Sports quad rail while i wait for the UTG..I will compare the two and post later.

Aim Sports quad rail
Aim Sports 4 reticle red dot
UTG CQB New generation Bug buster 3-9x40 (4.2 inches eye relief!)
Winchester (walmart) bipod tested on .308 winchester for 2 years
Centerpoint red laser.
UTG Led 150 lumen light
Ladder rail covers
Aim covers used to secure pressure switch and cord for flashlight
Trimag
unknown favorite leather sling from the 70's

Here's a pic with my wife's strikeforce that started this whole thing. Hers is entirely fit-related, if that's a term. There is, however red laser on the left side you can't see for quick acquisition in low light conditions. Other than that, the whole thing is built from trial and error to get the best possible fit for her. It fits her so well i cannot even see through the scope without moving the stock and even then the cheek piece is too high for me. It is purely her .22, just like mine is purely mine.

Two entirely different approaches for entirely different reasons. I am really glad i checked back into the ruger 10/22 after life got in the way for 35 years. I do have a couple of tweaks to do to mine, but they both shoot fine and all is well. I will be making some minor additions to the homemade barrel strut and front of the stock vicinity to de-clutter the grip area and get a bipod back on there.

Rabbit smacker mode with utg bipod and tri-rail laser mount on barrel (too involved to remove for hunting modes.) also, (remove bipod for rabbit smacker mode..bipod for pic.):

Remove bipod...coon smacker mode:

For squirrel mode, replace red dot with scope, remove flashlight...again, remove bipod...bipod works great at range and in my back yard training in the prone.

Last edited by justasking; 02-29-2012 at 6:07 PM.. Reason: adding info and pics