View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizturbed One View Post
I legally own no pistol. I own a couple rifles, and a shotgun, but my fiance owns the single pistol in my house, a Ruger P95. I know we can modify, and we will still get a little carry gun for her... But I can't swing the money for two classes, two fee's, my HSC, and two pistols (regardless of if they're cheap), and one of the pistols being needed within a few weeks. If I buy one for me, I still have to buy one for her, because a P95 just isn't a feasible carry gun for her, and I need one in my name. We have 2 kids together, and have been together 13 years, but are not legally married, so I can't list a gun I technically don't own. Everything is really expensive, including ammo, and money is tight, better spent on other things than waiting on a really expensive market. Mainly because of other time sensitive things going on. So...

It's just not in the cards.

That is ok though, I was kind of "along for the ride". Our main intent all along was to get HER a CCW because of a few incidents she has had going to and from work. At 6'3" and 280 lbs... I don't have many problems.

Edit: And please don't suggest me buying a non American firearm ever again. I thought we are all free to practice our own religions here?
I hear ya, we all have to deal with our own reality. Sorry if I came off a bit strong... times are tough and I absolutley respect your desire to buy American. But those Austrians, Swiss and German folks make some sweet pistollas.
'I own the guns I own because I acknowledge mankind's shortcomings instead of pretending like they don't exist. There are evil men in this world and there just may be a time when I need to do the unthinkable to protect me or my family,'
Joshua Boston

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

Last edited by Charlie50; 03-19-2013 at 12:20 PM..