View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 12:07 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmepiphany View Post
I'd defer to one of the greatest gunfighters of our time, Jim Cirillo (of the famed NYPD Stakeout Squad), who said that even when he was so scared that his "tongue was stuck to the roof of his mouth", he still saw a sight picture, which calmed him, and allowed him to put down 3 armed robbers in his first shootout (Gun, Bullets, and Gunfights)
And that was probably in broad daylight. We're talking night sights. And it's anecdotal. One of the fastest and most accurate shooters I know (who is an instructor for several LEA's) point shoots exclusively up to 30 yards. I've seen him spin, draw, and fire on 5 spread targets at 25 yards and score all "A" headshots without a miss seemingly faster than I can blink. Incredible. But that's anecdotal too.

I also spoke with a well known competitive shooter that told me he shoots so fast it would be impossible to properly acquire his sights. He just developed a sense of when they were properly aligned over time. But again, that's anecdotal.

That being said, I personally still look for a sight picture. But I don't hold a candle to the two shooters I just mentioned.

Quote:
You mean like these...both fronts and rears are tritium lamps?

You can get the night sights in whichever color combination you'd like, just tell them when they make the sight bodies.

Yes! I'm unfamiliar with those sights. Who makes them? And the rear is a tritium tube mounted sideways?

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

Last edited by k1dude; 03-24-2013 at 12:17 AM..